Friday, January 31, 2020
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN THIGHS AND GREEN BEANS SKILLET
1 pound green beans, trimmed
6 skinless, boneless chix thighs
3 tablespoons butter, divided
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Sriracha)
1. In a small bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Season chicken thighs generously with the spice mixture. You might need to make up more of onion powder, paprika,salt and pepper. Set aside while you prepare green beans.
2. Arrange green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup water. Cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes on high, until almost done but still crisp.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Lay the seasoned chicken thighs in one layer in the skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes, until cooked through and a cooking thermometer displays 165°F . Adjust timing depending on the thickness. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, lower the heat and melt the remaining tablespoon butter. Add chopped parsley, garlic, hot sauce, red crushed chili pepper flakes, and pre-cooked green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked to your liking. Add lemon juice and chicken stock and reduce the sauce for a couple of minutes. I like my sauce thicker and I added 1/4 cup of lemon juice or you could add chicken stock with cornstarch. Combine the liquid ( lemon juice or chicken stock) to the cornstarch and mix well, add to skillet and combine until thicken.
5. Add cooked chicken thighs back to the pan and reheat quickly.