Monday, November 25, 2019

SPINACH AND MOZZARELLA EGG BAKE




Cici, whom I met at the flea market has a farm and makes wonderful breads and jellies.

She gave me fresh spinach and I made this!

Ingredients:

 5 oz. organic fresh spinach (4 cups packed)
1-2 tsp. olive oil 
1 1/2 cups mozzarella ( use use regular or part-skim) 
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
8 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning- I usually use slap your momma
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

  Spray an 8 1/2 inch by 12 inch glass casserole dish with nonstick spray.

Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add spinach all at once, and stir just until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.  Transfer spinach to the casserole dish, spreading it around so all the bottom of the dish is covered.  Layer the grated cheese and sliced onions on top of the spinach.

Beat the eggs with Cajun Seasoning.   Pour the egg mixture over the spinach/cheese combination, and then use a fork to gently mix into the eggs. The spinach, and cheese are evenly combined.

Bake about 35 minutes or until the mixture is completely set and starting to lightly brown.  Let cool about 5 minutes before cutting.   Serve hot.  

4 comments:

  1. Well Linda, this looks very nice, but eggs and me are not friends. I will pass this one on to my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GF- I knew this wasn't for you- LOL

      Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. This looks heavenly, Linda! As you know I try to watch my cholesterol, but maybe I can sub in egg whites for at least some of the eggs. Yum! Can't wait to try it soon!! Thank you, Dear Friend, for Always sharing your Best recipes with us!!! <3

    ReplyDelete