Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Zippy Strawberry Iced Tea



It's recipe exchange day in Live Oak. This month's theme is brunch.

Tea is always a wonderful addition and since strawberries are in season I made this.

Ingredients:

2 cups strawberries, washed hulled and halved
1/2 cup sugar
6 cups water
2 tea bags ( single serving size)*
1 12 ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate- thawed

Directions:

In a blender or food processor puree strawberries

In a small bowl combine the strawberries and sugar. Mix until dissolved. Cover  and chill until ready to use.

Heat water to a boil, remove from heat and steep tea bags for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and cool tea and let set to room temp.

Combine strawberry puree and lemonade in a large pitcher and mix well. Add cool tea and mix well.

* I used green tea

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good. It will be nice to drink when I'm sitting on my porch. Thank you Linda for yet another great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe exchange group must be a good one. You share the best of yours and I can imagine the others are just as good. Not a strawberry fan, but I am in the minority.

    ReplyDelete