Saturday, August 5, 2017

Kindness Surely Rocks....

                                            THE KINDNESS ROCK PROJECT.  

When I found the heart shaped rock below I was walking the beach and was thrilled to to find it. I didn't do anything with the rock, it was just a nice reminder that I am loved.
This was the first rock I painted. It was given away to my wonderful neighbors John and Elsie


A facebook group had a photo of faces painted on rocks. I was amazed of the time and talent it took to paint each rock! When she finishes she seals and hides them for others to find. How wonderful is that! I had to find out more about painting rocks.






I mentioned the painted rock project to the Sag Harbor Library. They never heard of it and I hope they add it to the fall programs this year.

If you never heard if painting rocks and hiding to spread random "rock's" of kindness I hope you find this post helpful. It's easy, anyone can do it. Florida has many Facebook groups. Type in your state and add rocks and you never know you might have a group in your community. Pinterest also has tons of ideas. You never will know if someone will find the rock you hid but if they found one, it may bring some joy into someone's life.

7 comments:

  1. Super Idea. I have found rocks on my step. They do this in my area also, and it is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't done it, but I am thinking of trying it in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I found my first rock on this morning's walk! My neighbor has hidden a couple she's found, but this was my first. :) It had instructions on the back to post the photo on a regional FB page then re-hide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita!!

      This comment made my day :-) I am so into random acts of kindness and when I saw this project I had to get involved.

      When I decided to do this post I wasn't sure if I should party it. I have quite a few followers but I wanted to really get this out to people who might not of heard about it.

      So far I have gotten about a dozen people who never heard of this into painting rocks. More people trying to make the world a better place.

      I hope one simple thing such as a rock can brighten someones life, if it does I did good for that day.

      Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy your rock!

      Hugs,
      Linda

      Delete
  4. SO much fun!! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to brighten someone's day, and to make them feel part of the community! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful project - and such a great idea - with us at Hearth and Soul, Linda.

    ReplyDelete