Saturday, May 20, 2017
Strawberry Banana Coupe
The recipe called for ice cream. I wanted to make it healthier and subbed vanilla Greek yogurt.
I didn't make the meringues. This would of worked a little better if the meringues were smaller.
16-20 small meringues
2 pints strawberries
2 tablespoon port wine or orange juice ( used OJ)
2 tablespoon powered sugar
2 cups vanilla ice cream ( used vanilla Greek Yogurt)
2 tablespoon grated chocolate ( optional)
Whipped cream ( optional)
1. Hull strawberries. Rinse and drain well. Chop coarsely in a food processor.
2. Peel and chop banana, add to strawberry mixture in food processor. Add OJ and powered sugar. Pulse a few times until combined.
3. Place a few meringues into dessert glass.
4. Layer strawberry over meringue then layer of ice cream or vanilla Greek Yogurt. Add more meringues and repeat strawberry/ yogurt layers.
5. Garnish with mint and whipped cream.
6. Serve immediately.