Saturday, March 11, 2017
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
I've made these quite a few times and when our paper lady was retiring I wanted to make her cookies. Gabe found out her favorite cookies was peanut butter and I knew I would be making these.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
Extra granulated sugar, for rolling cookies in, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats. Set aside .
3. Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt together in a medium sized bowl.
4. Cream butter and peanut butter together using an electric mixer ( I used my stand mixer). Add the sugars and beat until creamy. Add in egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture in the bowl and with the mixer on slow, mix until combined.
6. Take 2 tablespoons of the dough and form a ball. Roll in granulated sugar if desired.
7. Place cookies on prepared cookies sheets and bake in 350 degree oven about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes or until they are golden at the edges and just set. Don't over bake, the cookies will set up as they cool.
9.Remove pan from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.