Friday, March 3, 2017

Serendipitous Flowers


Walmart was giving out roses after Valentine's Day. They called it customer appreciation day and I happen to be in the store and was handed the above red rose. Talk about surprise! First time I ever got anything free from that store.😁


I love orchids. At one time I had 6 beautiful plants. This is my only survivor. I was shocked that it produced a flower for me and might bloom three more times!

This poor little plant did not make the trip back to NY with us. I left it in the backyard by a sprinkler head. When we returned it didn't look great but with lots of TLC it grew stronger. 

4 comments:

  1. How nice you got that pretty rose from Walmart-you're right-freebies are rare these days, that's for sure.

    I admire your "green thumb" with plants, Linda....mine is black I swear. Unless it goes in the ground in the vegetable garden, I might have a shot. Otherwise? Forget it. That's one pretty orchid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orchid was a surprise. I really didn't think it would come back but I cut all the dead leaves and fed it. TLC can fix some things.

      Delete
  2. What a pretty rose. It is good that they give them away to customers instead of throwing them out.

    You sure do have a way with flowers and growing veggies. I am with Carol, my thumb is black too. Very nice what your TLC did for the orchid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice that they gave away the roses. It made a lot of people smile.

      Delete