Tuesday, December 6, 2016

VANILLA SUGAR COOKIES





I made these for the Live Oak Library Christmas Cookie exchange.

Recipe is from McCormick

Ingredients

2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened 
2 eggs

2 tsp. pure vanilla extract


Directions

Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. 

Refrigerate dough about 2 hours or until firm. 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll in additional sugar or colored sugar

Place 2 inches apart in baking sheets.


Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.

 Cool on baking sheets for about a  1 minute.

 Remove to wire racks; cool completely.




 Makes 4 1/2 dozen.


Featured 12/13/16 on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop

14 comments:

  1. Linda, these cookies look so good. I bet they made a big hit at the Cookie Exchange. I love the plating of them. So Christmasy.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look delicious, Linda. All dressed up for the holiday season. I bet the cookie exchange was fun. Did they have a lot of people baking? I went to a cookie swap at Robin's on Sunday-oh my goodness the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the post today because when I go to the exchange I don't have to write out the recipe, I give them the link to the blog and they print it out.

      I bet it was fun sharing goodies with Robin and friends.

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh I wish I could have some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM, pass the plate please. I made some sugar cookies tonight. a recipe mom gave me years ago that she got from a supermarket give away book. I love sugar cookies, they are my absolute favorite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you come up with! I have a few ideas also and can't wait to see how they come out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can not beat a good sugar cookie. It is so versatile and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this cookie recipe at C&C with J&J Linda. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take 20! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a sucker for a classic sugar cookie! And a classic tried and true recipe is a must!
    Thanks for sharing for our cookie swap on Celebrate 365!

    ReplyDelete