Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Spicy Baked Kale Chips










My garden was very productive this season. Kale was huge so I decided to make chips. I made them a few years ago and used package kale but this year I had my own to pick and bake.

The creole seasoning was from a can. You can make up your own favorite creole seasoning  or use the Tony Charcheres Creole Copycat Seasoning.

Ingredients:

5 large curly Green kale leaves torn into bite size pieces ( tough stems removed )

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 tablespoons or more to taste of creole seasoning

Directions:


  Was and dry kale-- Please don't think I'm crazy but the best way to dry curly kale is with a hair dryer. Yeah, sounds nuts but it works. Dry the kale for a few minutes.

Preheat over to 300 degrees

Place the kale in a large bowl and add the olive oil. Mix well with hands to make sure all the leaves are coated. 

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the leaves making sure they don't overlap. 

Sprinkle with seasoning.

Bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 12- 14 minutes.



14 comments:

  1. Wow Linda, your kale did REALLY well huh? Glad you've found some cool ways to use it too...don't wanna let anything you grow to waste-how well I know that! It's why I have containers of Zucchini Parmesan, Tex Mex Squash Casserole and zucchini breads and muffins in the freezer-can't let any of that summer bounty go bad after putting in the time and effort to grow it all.

    What a great idea using the hair dryer to dry kale! I'm gonna try that on other stuff too.

    We're ALMOST to the point of giving kale a try.....I'm more willing than Bob is...he's not a big greens lover at all. Hopefully I can give him a few more nudges and we'll give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I looked up all the different kinds of kale I'll be planting a lot more next season for sure.

      Delete
  2. Same here Carol, I want to try it too. I need to incorporate more vegetables into hubby's diet as well. Your Kale is beautiful and grew so big! No, not crazy, I call that a smart and innovative way to dry the kale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a simple recipe. I don't eat Kale, but I should try it. Going to send this one to my daughter. She buys Kale Chips, and with this being so easy, maybe she could try making her own. I agree with Carol, it is a GREAT idea to use a hair dryer to dry Kale. I wonder if it would work on other leafy veggies also. Thanks for another great healthy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much cheaper to make them and they are so easy to do

      Delete
  4. This sounds like something I would like to try..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of using creole seasoning on these. Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn- regarding Thursday. What do I do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen these, but have yet to try them. They sound good though! Thanks for sharing! #SmallVictories

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay Linda. I keep hearing about these, so I am going to try them! I love Kale, so it shouldn't be a hardship! Thanks for sharing at Five Star Frou-Frou last week. Will you join us again? Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete