Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms and Onions





To store mushrooms I usually put them in a brown paper lunch bag  and add the bag to crisper. Additional tips can be found HERE.

 Recipe from Culinary Hill .

Ingredients:

2 T. olive oil
1 lb. white button mushrooms, halved
1/2 medium onion, sliced
1/2 tsp. salt
2 T. balsamic vinegar

Directions:

Heat the oil in a medium size saucepan over medium-high heat.

Add mushrooms and onion; sprinkle with salt and stir. Mix well,

Lower the heat to medium then cover and cook until liquid is gone from mushrooms. Takes about about 5 – 7 minutes. Remove the cover and continue to cook until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms and onions are soft and brown, about 3 -5 minutes.

Add balsamic vinegar and stir until mushrooms and onions are coated evenly and the vinegar is heated through.

 I served this with  chicken and Gabe loved it!

Featured 10/28/15 on Healthy Living Link Party

21 comments:

  1. We would love these. I bet they'd taste great on a burger.....or with steak on the grill....or chicken....or pork....or...I need to add mushrooms to the grocery list.

    Thanks Linda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good. I need to keep this one on hand, since I always have to make mushrooms when we have our holiday dinners. Usually I just cook them up in butter, but this sounds much more healthy. Thanks Linda, I most certainly am going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my these look delicious. i'm the only one that likes mushrooms.... more for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mushrooms. I will try this..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to make this! Thanks for sharing on the Healthy Living Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This might be my new favorite side dish! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks terrific! I pinned it. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/257690409906500233/
    It looks like it would work well with Trim Healthy Mama.

    Please come by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pin. I have a lot more healthy yummy recipes. Hope you take a look.

      i pinned a few recipes from your board.

      linda

      Delete
  8. This sounds delicious!! Thanks so much for sharing on the Healthy Living Link Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mushrooms Linda so I am definitely making these this week they look delicious and are so nutritious. Have a beautiful day! Thanks for joining us at #AnythingGoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, we really liked it and hope you do also.

      Delete
  10. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my mouth is watering. Yumbo! Thanks for sharing at Five Star Frou-Frou. Will you join me again this week? Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete