Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dressed To Grill Pork Chops From Looneyspoons


My Looneyspoons cookbooks made the trip to Florida with us. The cookbook is fun and if you enjoy cookbooks this is one you should add to your collection.


I adapted the recipe slightly and I would add another note to the book that this is a make again recipe.

Ingredients

6 pork loin chops, trimmed of fat ( used shoulder chops)
1 cup V-8 juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons each  chili powder and ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon  black pepper

Directions

Arrange pork chops in a single layer in a shallow pan.  Combine with V-8 juice, garlic, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili, cumin, oregano and black pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Pour mixture over the pork chops. and marinade for 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Turn the chops to coat both sides with the marinade.

Cook chops over hot coals- 6-7 minutes on each side and baste with any leftover marinade. 

3 comments:

  1. A cookbook with a name like Looneyspoons, sounds like it would be a fun cookbook to read and enjoy the food. The recipe sounds great, and your picture makes it look so appetizing. The marinade sounds like it would be good on other meats also. Gabe is sure lucky to have you as his personal chef. He must love his meals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that cookbook! As a matter of fact, I have all 3 of them.......Crazy Plates and Eat, Shrink and be Merry along with Looneyspoons. Every recipe I've tried out of them has been delicious.

    I'll have to make sure I have this one dog eared. It looks delicious. I need new pork chop recipes-we don't have them often and I don't like making the same ol' thing all the time.

    Thanks Linda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I get tired of the same pork chop. I will try this one .

    ReplyDelete