Thursday, March 6, 2014

Miss Betty's Meatloaf


We really love this meatloaf ! I have the recipe printed out, just to make sure I always have it.

This is from a lovely lady - Miss Betty who got the recipe from Recipe Hall Of Fame Cookbook--1999. 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 can tomato soup
1 cup pepperidge farm herb stuffing- I pulse 1/2 cup in food processor and add the other half from the bag. 
2 ribs celery- chopped
1 egg
1 large onion- chopped
1/2 cup American cheese,grated- I add a Mexican Blend
1/2 cup bell pepper,chopped- if it's a small pepper I add the whole thing
1 1/2 tsp.salt- didn't add. Soup has enough sodium in it.
1/4 tsp.black pepper
bacon slices

Sauce
2 tbsp.butter,melted
2 tbsp.soy sauce
1 (8-oz.)can tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar


Directions:

Mix all meat loaf ingredients except bacon,form into a loaf and top with bacon slices to cover meat loaf.Pour sauce over top and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.Baste with sauce.

Why is the bacon missing on the meatloaf? I ate it when it came out of the oven!

4 comments:

  1. I have that book-haven't pulled it off the shelf in I don't know how long....and I have the second volume too. Great recipes in both-easy with easy to find ingredients.

    Bob loves meatloaf. I've made one with stuffing mix in it before and really liked the flavor-I tried it without grinding it once and we liked it better when I ground it up-didn't see the big pieces of bread in it......Bob said they looked like hunks of fat in the meat. OK then...........

    Thanks Linda and Miss Betty-another one I don't see posting on TOH any more...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This looks good. I love meatloaf. I will sure try this one. Thanks Linda.

      Delete
  2. Yummy, I missed this yesterday. The topping is one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my just look at that delicious Meatloaf! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, it is so nice to have you with us today. Have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete