Thursday, February 13, 2014

No Bake Granola


I happen to spot this recipe on Chelsea's Messy Apron. Adapted the recipe to the ingredients I had in the house.

I subbed the rice krispies for fiber one cereal and Watkins Caramel extract for the vanilla extract.

Couldn't stop picking on it all day. It's filling and really good.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup peanut butter ( used Skippy Honey Nut PB)
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract ( used Watkins Caramel Extract) 
1/8 teaspoon salt ( didn't use)
1 cup Old Fashion Oats
1/4 cup oat flour ( Added the oats to the Magic Bullet and pulsed them to a fine powder)
1/4 cup rice krispies cereal ( used Fiber One)
3/4 cup add ins-add 1/4 of a cup of 3 things you really like- raisins, sunflower seeds, almonds, dried fruit.  

Directions:

1. Combine the peanut butter, vanilla ( I used the caramel) and honey in a small saucepan.

2. Heat on low. Stir constantly, you don't want anything to stick. I sprayed the pot with a cooking spray just to be on the safe side.

3. Combine the oats, the oat flour (that I pulsed in the Magic Bullet, can also use a food processor or a blender). Add the cereal.

4. Add the peanut butter mixture to the bowl with the oat mixture and make sure its well combined. It's going to be thick and sticky but keep on mixing till everything is coated with the peanut butter mixture. 

5- Take your little add ins and mix again until well combined.


5 comments:

  1. I had pinned this too-and never got around to making it. Your photo makes me want to change that right quick. I always say I'm going to make granola then never do-you just gave me the kick in the pants to GIT 'ER DONE! It looks SO good.

    Thanks Linda and Chelsea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really yummy. I love granola. I will save this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks soooo good. I love granola bars. This would taste even better being its so fresh. Thanks Linda. Happy Valentines Day to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Linda-I made this last weekend-it is AMAZING. Bob and I both are crazy over the moon in love with it. I posted a review on the Taste of Home recipe board............SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

    http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/t/895153.aspx

    Thanks again for posting it and thanks again to Chelsea for sharing the recipe-this is a keeper here for sure!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol- your photo makes me want to make more!

      Delete