Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mexican Zucchini Soup


Saw this recipe on Vegalicious. I subbed turkey broth for the vegetable bouillon.

The weather was perfect for soup. Slightly cool outside and what better to have than a bowl of spicy soup.

The below is my adaption of the recipe from vegalicious.

Ingredients:

l small onion, finely chopped

1 1/2 teaspoon margarine

2 cups turkey stock

2 cups zucchini, washed and diced in small pieces

1 1/2 cups canned whole corn

3 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped

1/8 tsp white pepper

1 cup Greek yogurt

2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese

directions:

 In a medium saucepan saute the onion in margarine, until it's glassy about 3 minutes.

Add the zucchini into the pan with the onion and cook until they begin to soften.

In a dutch oven add the turkey broth, corn, jalapeno and white pepper and start to simmer. Add the onions and zucchini and bring to a gentle boil.

Remove from the heat and add the yogurt and cheese and stir until combined.

I added a sprinkle of Slap Ya Mama.





3 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOoooooo does that look good! And I just might have enough leftover broth to make it cause I THINK I have everything else-just have to check on the jalapenos. I ground up the last of the turkey for turkey salad-that used up the last of the red grapes too. I still have some of the other turkey soup I made. but this one's just different enough for my taste.

    Thanks Linda and Vegalicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo woo. this looks really yummy. You make all your pictures look good enough to eat. I am in awe of you how you adapt all the recipes. Me, I have to follow everything to the letter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using yogurt for a creamy textured soup is my "how about that" moment of the day. Love this idea! The corn-jalapeno-zucchini combination sounds good. I agree--nice picture, Linda!
    Thank you for taking time out of your week to link up.

    ReplyDelete