Saturday, August 24, 2013

Cucumber/Tomato/Chickpea Salad

There was one cucumber left in the fridge and I needed to use it up. Checked out pinterest and really didn't see anything that I wanted to make.

As I peeled the cucumber I saw one tomato that I wasn't going to use so washed and chopped it.

Love chickpeas and added a can and was going to make a dressing then decided to add the Zucchini Relish . That turned out to be a brilliant idea.

Once I mixed all the ingredients, it was something I would differently make again.

1 cucumber-washed, peeled and chopped. Did not remove seeds
1 tomato- washed, chopped. Did not remove seeds.
1 can chickpea- drained and rinsed
1 tsp. dried dill
4 tablespoons zucchini relish- recipe above
Sprinkle with cranraisins

Add chopped cucumber, tomato, chickpea to a med. sized bowl.
Sprinkle with the dry dill weed.  Add the zucchini relish and mix well.

Sprinkle with the cranrasins. 

I'm going to make this again and next time I'll toast some ramen noodles and toss them in.


3 comments:

  1. Linda, I LOVE your use it up and make something new creativity! What a super idea..........and I bet the toasted ramen noodles would add too.

    You're one clever lady! Waste not want not is my motto too. :)

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOW, this is something I would love. Chick peas are a great favorite of mine, and my neighbor gave me some great tomatoes, so I think I am going to try this one. I do have to go to the store, so I will pick up some other things I need.

    Linda, you sure are a great one for using everything. I agree Carol....Waste not, want not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toasted Ramen noodles would be awesome. You are creative putting things you like together. Never would of thought to use a relish as a dressing. Excellent idea!
    I love everything in this and it sounds like a nice cool meal for a hot day, copied this one to file. Thanks

    ReplyDelete