Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Confetti Cake Batter Cookies

YUM! Easy and really good. I bought additional cake mix yesterday because they have it on sale, buy one get one free. I'm definitely making these again.

I didn't have Christmas sprinkles and used whatever I could find at Winn- Dixie. The dough, when everything is combined is thick. I mixed in sprinkles gently because I didn't want the colors to run.

The recipe is adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction. Check out her page. Lots of pictures of the cookies  and a tall "trick" hint which I used for the first time. I also checked with her about the size of the cakemix. I used the Duncan Hines Signature mix.
 
1 box (18.25 oz) vanilla/white cake mix (like Duncan Hines)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sprinkles( used about 1/2 cup)

  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla by hand. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough- stir vigorously until all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone. Gently mix in the sprinkles – you do not want to dye the cookie dough by overstirring the sprinkles.
  3. Drop rounded 1-inch balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Make sure the balls of dough are taller than they are wide. See here for more details.
  4. Bake for 9 minutes – do not let the cookies get brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will be very soft at first. As they cool, the tops will settle down so you will not have to press the cookies down yourself. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  5. Store in an airtight container, for up to one week
When they come out of the oven they look like they aren't done. THEY ARE! So nice and soft and chewy. There are some lucky people getting these for Christmas!

 


1 comment:

  1. I used to make cookies with cake mix when I was still doing baking. They always came out so good. The ones you made look great.

    ReplyDelete