Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Take A Walk

While in Florida I walked outside everyday and used the treadmill usually in the evening. Now that we are home Divingabe does about three miles outside and also uses the treadmill.
We both love our treadmills both in Florida and home, walking is wonderful for both of us.

I found an article on the benefits on walking and wanted to share the eight astonishing facts.

I'll add a few and you can read the rest from Mother Nature Network

One of the facts---New research links brisk walking to a significant risk reduction for developing type 2 diabetes. Insulin resistance is a predictor of this disease, even in people with normal glucose levels. But a recent British study found that people with a family history of the disease who walked briskly, or performed some other type of moderate to vigorous activity on a routine basis, improved insulin sensitivity.

It can save your mind- the article will go more into it but I get my best ideas when I'm on the treadmill. I usually listen to books but my mind likes to multitask and I think of things that I need to do and usually remember to do.

                                         Divingabe waiting for me to join him on our local tour.

1 comment:

  1. I love walking also. Most of my walking in done by walking the dog, and this is not bad, but I get stopped everytime he sees or smells something. If I didn't have the dog, I would be still walking outside everyday...it starts up my day, and gets me going.

    Treadmills are not my thing. When I had one, I really counted the minutes til I could get off. I would much rather walk for real.

    I will read up on the article.....thanks for sharing.

    Divingabe looks very patient waiting for you.....

    ReplyDelete