Friday, May 11, 2012

Knockoff Applebee's Oriental Chix Salad

I've always wanted to make this at home. I love this dish but I only get to Applebee's when we travel or have lunch with Rita. I looked up the calories and it has 714! I cut some of the calories by using plain non fat yogurt instead of the mayo. It doesn't have the same taste but it came out pretty good and will make it again.


Oriental Dressing
3 Tbsp. honey
1 1/2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
1/4 c. Mayonnaise ( I used Dannon plain low fat yogurt)
1 tsp. Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. Sesame oil
Salad
2 pieces of Tyson's Crispy Chicken Strips( used grilled chix thigh)
bagged salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, and cabbage
bagged coleslaw cabbage
1 Tbsp. sliced almonds ( did not use)
1/4 c. Chow Mein noodles





  1. Blend together all ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk or mixer. Refrigerate while you work on the salad.
  2. Salad:
  3. Bake the chicken strips according to the package directions. At the last few minutes, add the almonds on the pan that the chicken is on so they can get toasted. Remove and cool. Cut up the chicken.
  4. Mix together some of each of the lettuce and coleslaw. Top with cut up chicken, almonds & noodles. Drizzle the dressing on top.
Note: The left over dressing does not keep well. Next time I'll make it with the mayo.

Found recipe on
mandysrecipebox.blogspot.com


2 comments:

  1. I love this salad. Order it lots when i eat there. I also love the wrap made with the salad. I will have to try this dressing....it is the dressing that makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for putting up this recipe. I'm looking forward to trying it. ~Aurora

    ReplyDelete