Friday, March 23, 2012

Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken

This recipe is from my go to crockpot site- Crockpot guys.
I made it on March 10, 2012. We were going to the Quilt Show in Trenton and wanted to have dinner done when we got home.

2 to 4 pounds of chicken
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar ( I used 1/3 cup)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 TBSP red wine vinegar
2 TBSP oil(olive is better)
Place chicken in crockpot.
Mix up the rest in a small bowl and pour sauce over chicken. Cook on low for at least 6 hours- longer won’t hurt it on low.


Only thing I did differently was I turned the chicken pieces over to make sure both side absorbed the sauce. The chicken was in the crockpot about 3 hours when I turned it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe. It looks delicious and I LOVE cooking with my crock pot. Prepare the food, pop it in the crock pot, and hours later...dinner is done! ~Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy.........going to have to try this......the sauce sounds soooo good.

    ReplyDelete