Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Spaghetti Squash Tots
I planted four spaghetti squash and they started out beautifully. Lots of male flowers and when a female flower popped up I would pollinate it, hoping for a veggie. Three of the squash started to grow then BAM the leaves were hit with powdered mildew. Pulled out the three plants and figured the last one was on it's own. As you might notice in the photo the squash look pitiful but there is one and a few potential ones!
1 decent sized spaghetti squash (you will use 2 cups of the drained strands)
1.5 cups panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
seasoning to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half, core, and bake with the flesh side down on a baking sheet for approximately 45 minutes . Let it cool for about 10 minutes before breaking apart the strands.
3. Measure out approximately 2 cups of spaghetti squash strands, and then squeeze as much water out of the strands as you can.
4. Add drained squash to food processor and pulse a few times.
5. Add eggs pulse again a few times
6. Remove squash mixture to a medium sized bowl. Add cheese and panko and mix until well combined.
7. Use your hands to form tot and place them on parchment paper.
8 Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flip, and then bake for an additional 8-12 minutes.