Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Manchurian Roasted Cauliflower

If you enjoy cauliflower you have to try this recipe! I'm lucky Divingabe won't eat cauliflower , I had the whole recipe to myself and I enjoyed every bite.

 


1 big head fresh cauliflower
olive oil (I used Pam Olive Oil)
coarse sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper(didn't use salt)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon balsamic or white wine vinegar
3 teaspoons sugar
4 large cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chile powder( added my favorite Tony Chachere's)
3 scallions, chopped, for garnish
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut the cauliflower into florets that are fairly even in size. Placed on a large baking sheet and sprayed with olive oil Pam, 1 teaspoon coarse salt and lots of black pepper. Roast until fork tender.
  2.  In a large skillet cook the onion in a tablespoon of oil over medium heat until soft. Add the tomatoes, juice included along with both vinegars, the sugar and a couple pinches of salt. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20-25 minutes. I used the immersion blender to smooth it out.
  3. In a separate large skillet heat another tablespoon of oil over medium-low heat and saute garlic for a minute or two . Add the tomato sauce and turn heat up to medium. Cook stirring often about 5 minutes, stir in chile powder and season well with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Add the florets and toss well until they are completely coated.
adapted from Norish Me
 

8 comments:

  1. That looks delicious Linda.......I don't think I've ever had cauliflower with a tomato based sauce. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe and that super photo!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, that looks wonderful. Great color! Fabulous shot.

    Photo is stunning.

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo of your recipe. I don't eat cooked cauliflower, but this looks so good. Good thing Gabe doesn't like it, you would have had to share..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the recipe and the photo look great! I will be trying this one. I love cauliflower... it must run in the family!
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I love cauliflower and this looks so yummy! Thanks for putting it in the Happiness Is Homemade linky this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds amazing! I love cauliflower and like to mix up the flavor! Thanks for coming over and sharing at the Happiness is Homemade Link Party, hope to see you back Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up with #RealFoodRecipes! Your recipe was featured as my favorite from last week! http://sassymomsinthecity.com/real-food-recipe-round-up-weekly-meal-plan-december-28th/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feature! I love this recipe - it's SO good. I'm lucky I got photo !

      Thanks again.

      Linda

      Delete