Wednesday, January 9, 2013

BISCOFF COOKIES

I discovered Biscoff Spread last winter when we were in Florida. I was driving around and stopped in a very small store in Branford. One thing I can not resist is checking out grocery stores that I have never been in and seeing what new goodies I can find and the spread was one of them.

One of my friends birthday is coming up and this is one of the fabulous cookies being sent to her.

A friend made a cookie tray for her family and was very generous to share her recipes, this is one of them. Thanks Carol!

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup Smooth Biscoff Spread
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon caramel extract ( didn't use)
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Granulated sugar for rolling

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In a large bowl, cream butter & Biscoff spread with Kitchen aid mixer or an electric mixer for 30 seconds on medium speed.

Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla & caramel extract, beat until well mixed.

Combine the flour,baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture, beating until well mixed.

Shape into walnut size balls and roll in the sugar.

Place 2 inches apart on a ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 7-9 minutes.
(Source: adapted from Stephanie @ Plain Chicken)
 Carol's cookies weren't flat. They were round and she placed a chocolate star* in the center of each. She also refrigerated the dough for a few days . I didn't. I made them and on the sheet they went. Needed to get them boxed and mailed off.

 Tip from Carol- freeze the candy- *chocolate stars or Hershey kisses before you place them on the cookie. THIS is done when the cookie is baked and comes out of the oven.

I had about a dozen left. My divingabe who might eat a peanut butter cookie here and there got into the bag and had a few and liked them. My neighbor Jean also said they were good and Gregory didn't say anything- just ate them!




1 comment:

  1. These look yummy. I hope your friend appreciates them. I like to keep the dough cold for a day or so, it makes it easier to handle.

    ReplyDelete