Monday, August 6, 2012

A Productive Day

My Divingabe went out to the US Bass yesterday and Rita called last night and said she had some tomatoes and peppers and a few cucumbers for me. I headed out early before the crazies were out on the road and was so surprised at the haul she had for me.

Thank you RITA!

The first thing I made was salsa. I looked up some recipes and ended up with my own, which came out really good. If anyone wants the recipe I'll add it to the blog.

Linda's Own Salsa

I had to make more of the Jalapeno Relish. Rita's husband likes it and down to my last jar. I made a double batch so I should be good for a few weeks.
A reminder- the recipe is on the blog if you want to check it out.


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bunch of veggies you have there. Rita must have a wonderful garden. You sure are the food diva, wish I had your ambition. These days it is not for me to do any big cooking or trying anything new. Maybe when the weather cools off. Your Jalapeno Relish is so good, I am going to make it in the fall.

    Congrats on passing 5000 pageviews !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Myra... a wonderful bunch of veggies! I would love it if you would post the recipe. You're a wonderful cook and I'm sure that it's delicious! ~Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Linda indeed add the recipe to your blog..I have some vegies that are starting to over ripen and I will do this with what I have before they go to waste. Hugs, Dottiemaye

    ReplyDelete