Friday, February 17, 2012

Sticky Chicken

I have two crockpots going this morning. In the large one I'm making Sticky Chicken from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures


Ingredients:

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce ( used low sodium soy)
2 tablespoon of minced ginger
4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
3 pounds of chicken ( you can use one whole chicken and cut it up)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup tomato paste

Directions:

Combine 1/4 cup sugar,  2 tablespoons soy sauce, minced ginger, garlic and the cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken to the  bowl and make sure all the chicken is coated with the sauce.

Place the chicken in your crockpot and cook for 3-4 hours or until done.

When the chicken is cooked place the cooked chicken in a oven proof broiler dish.

Mix the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, rest of the soy sauce, water and tomato paste and brush it over the chicken in the broiler dish and place under the broiler for about five minutes.

Keep a close eye on it. You don't want it to burn.

Sauce is perfect- not to sweet. 

Gabe is diving today with a student at Peacock Springs and will be home late. He calls me on his way home so I can prep the rest of the dinner before he gets back to the house.

The second smaller crockpot I'm making chicken broth. I use so much of it. Useful hint. When the broth cools add it to an ice cube tray. You can remove broth anytime you need it. I usually empty the cubes into a freezer bag and add to the bag whenever I make more broth.

2 comments:

  1. sounds great.......wonder if you could use just the breasts, since I don't like the other parts....heading out now for a lunch with some friends......enjoy your yummy meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. found this and I have breast to use up before we leave. I have all of the ingredients - I'll check with Gabe. Did you make it with the breast?

      Delete