Thursday, August 29, 2019

Dorian

Hurricanes really bring out the worst in people.  We’re not even sure if we’re getting hit yet, and literally ALL STORES are out of water. At that point, are you buying water for yourself, or just buying water so no one else can have it? 

"Oooohhh, I wish it would magically disappear", or "I wish it would suddenly do a 180" aren't as realistic though.

It slightly changing course and hitting another state though, that is something that could happen, so people cling to that more realistic hope instead.


And of course, they don't have qualms with someone else getting hit instead of them. If they didn't have that mentality, you'd have universal healthcare in the states. But its everybody for themselves, and maybe for the family or next-door neighbor.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you when I saw the way the storm may go. No surprise how the stores are out of everything. Remember when the snow is coming up here, this is the way it goes. I hope you don't get hit. I will be checking in on you. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad that folks don't care about the next person..The pushing and shoving that goes on in the stores when something like this happens..I know of one person that has water saved up for use for a couple of years or more..Just in case . Even firearms so they can protect what they have stored up . Linda you stay safe and I to will be keeping up to date with what is going on..Be sure to post on FB so we know your still with us. Big Hugs to both you and Myra.

    ReplyDelete