Sunday, October 22, 2017

HEALTHY PUMPKIN OVERNIGHT OATS



I planted six Seminole pumpkin seeds which I picked up in Live Oak at the seed lending library. Five did nothing but one I planted with the peas came up. We left for NY in May and had no idea if it would live through the summer.

Our neighbors came over to  check the yard. Chi-Ling sent us updates on how all of our plants were doing. The Seminole pumpkins went nuts!



All of the above vines were from one plant!!!

So far I have about 25- 30 pumpkins. I used Seminole in the recipe.

NOTE: Polly came over yesterday and I gave her a jar of the oats. If she likes it I'll make her a jar when she wants a healthy snack.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup Almond milk
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp maple extract

Directions:

Place the oats, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, maple extract, almond milk, maple syrup in a pint sized mason jar.

Cover the jar and shake well or you can stir it.


Place in the refrigerator overnight. 

Featured 10/29/17 Jay tried and True

3 comments:

  1. You sure did have great pumpkin luck. This recipe sounds great. It must be so yummy. Going to have to buy some more pumpkin puree. I don't have any luck growing anything but weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....look at those pumpkin vines! So glad to hear you got a good harvest from at least one of the plants. I love overnight oatmeal and I do love pumpkin. Will have to give this a try. I bet Polly enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete