Saturday, April 22, 2017

Cheddar Jalapeno Ham Appetizer Bites









 I changed the original recipe. I added ham, which I chopped in the food processor.  Perfect addition to the bites.

The recipe is from the Live Oak Recipes exchange. Sue Grimes made these delicious little bites.



Ingredients:

1 8 oz tub spicy jalapeno cream cheese spread

1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1/4 to 1/2 cup ham ( placed in food processor and chopped fine)

14 slices white sandwich bread, crust removed

1/4 cup butter, softened

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Mix cream cheese spread and cheddar until blended

Flatten bread slices with rolling pin, spread with butter.

Turn the bread over ad spread with the cream cheese mixture.

Add ham from food processor to slices with cream cheese mixture.

Roll up each slice tightly.

Cut slice in half.

Roll each slice in parmesan cheese until evenly coated.

Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Check the bites at 10 minutes to make sure they are getting nice and brown, or bake for 12 to 14 minutes. You don't want them over cooked.

19 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Perfect for leftover ham. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can not go wrong with ham, cheddar and jalapeno! These look wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good and easy. This would be a different app to serve when we have our gatherings. Going to save this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how they look. And such an easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! I bet these are so tasty! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be a great after school snack for my boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I don't have grandkids so never thought it would be kid friendly.

      Delete
  7. Pinning this. I think it will be great to take camping. Although they would be good anytime.
    Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon party.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I tasted it at the recipe exchange I knew I was gonna make it. We had leftover ham so figured I would add it.

      Hope you like it also

      Delete
  8. Sorry it took so long to visit – I’ve been off on vacation! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!

    ReplyDelete