Saturday, February 11, 2017

Chocolate Mint Brownies


I've made several Chocolate-Mint Brownies over the years and I think that this is one of the prettiest that I've made!  I think that all it needs as a finishing touch is a sprig of mint which I had plenty of in NY!  It IS time-consuming as it must cool thoroughly before spreading the next layer. 

 These are a "rich" bar, so cutting it into 16 pieces would be perfect!  

Chocolate-Mint Brownies
Crust:


1/2  cup   Butter, softened
2  ounces semi- sweet chocolate
1     cup   Sugar
2  eggs            
1      tsp   Vanilla
1/2  cup   Flour 
1/4   tsp   Cinnamon

Butter & flour an 8" square baking pan and shake out excess flour.  Melt chocolate and whisk until smooth and shiny.  Remove from heat and set aside.
With an electric mixer, cream butter & sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Beat in melted chocolate & vanilla.  Add flour and beat just until incorporated.
Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.  Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.  Cool to room temperature.

Filling:
6     oz      White Chocolate
3     Tbsp  Heavy Cream 
3/4   tsp    Peppermint extract

Melt white chocolate & cream, stir constantly until mixture is smooth.  Stir in peppermint extract.  Spread filling over cooled crust.  Refrigerate until cool and set (approximately 30 minutes or longer).

Glaze:
4    oz     Semisweet Chocolate
1/4 cup   Heavy Cream

Melt chocolate and cream.  Whisk until melted and smooth.  Remove from heat and spread over the white chocolate layer.  Refrigerate until glaze is set (approximately 30 minutes or longer).  Cover and refrigerate.  Bring to room temperature before serving. 

Recipe from:  Mildred Miller

Featured 2/22/17 on Home and Garden Thursday

28 comments:

  1. Boy these look so pretty Linda. I can imagine how rich they are. These would be good cut in little squares in little paper cups. I can just taste them now. Yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone loves chocolate so thought this would be a good one for Valentines Day!

      Delete
  2. Beeeautiful! I love chocolate mint everything so I know this would be a winner for me! Sometimes the recipes that take the longest between steps are totally worth the wait-like this one is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this one is perfect for you! Think Bob would like it? Gabe doesn't eat sweets :-(

      Delete
  3. I am drawn to brownies of all types . . . these look incredible and I can't wait to try them! Pinned! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us at Snickerdoodle this week! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day also!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. One of the most perfectly cut bars I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut it cold and with a knife dipped in hot water. As soon as it was cut I put it back in the fridge on the plate. Took it out, hubby helped me make it smooth! Not all of them came out that way!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Now this recipe would be a big hit at my house. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe at Dishing it and Digging it link party. We love having you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! These look beautiful and sod delicious! I hope you'll share these with Party in Your PJs (Tuesdays nights) or Awesome Life Friday. :) http://rchreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, wow those look and sound so delicious. Thanks for this recipe to make them and for sharing at C&C with J&J. Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these mint brownies look amazing. I could eat one right now.
    Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon Party,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good, hope you give them a try.

      Delete
  9. ooooh chocolate mint is a fave of mine! I would love you to share this at Smell Good Sunday http://jaytriedandtrue.blogspot.com/2017/02/smell-good-sunday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. They sound as good as they look! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds amazing!! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Mint Chocolate Brownies look so delicious, Linda! Love the addition of the cinnamon. I really do love mint and chocolate together so these are perfect for me. Sharing on our Hearth and Soul Facebook page. Thank you for being a part of Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete