Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Novice Quilter- Part 2


I still can't believe I made a quilt. It's amazing what you can accomplish with encouragement and  determination. 

 It wasn't easy and there were times when I really didn't think I would finish it. I had to redo so many of the squares, which was frustrating. Gabe encouraged me, so did the ladies in my class.

When I had to do the mitered corners, Nancy explained how it was done. The class was busy,many of the ladies needing help thus I didn't understand what I was suppose to do to get the corners perfect.

You-Tube  helped. I watched and googled about mitered corners and finally figured it out.

I'm still in awe when I look at it. I actually made a quilt! 

The first quilt you make at the Lifestyle Enrichment Center you can keep. They supplied all the materials to make the quilt. The next quilt will be donated to the center. 

More to come on the next quilt but for now I would like to present the finished project.

3 comments:

  1. Linda, this is AWESOME !! What an amazing job you did. It looks wonderful, and I can't believe you did that all by hand. Such small stitches and it looks perfect. I am so proud of you for not giving up and it must have been so frustrating at times. One of these days, one of your quilts will be hanging in a quilt show. BRAVO !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, that quilt is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! To think you did that all by hand is mind blowing. I'll be using a sewing machine when I decide to tackle one.....one of these milleniums. I can sew but have never done any quilting-something close but nothing like that.

    Kudos to you for sticking to it and figuring it all out. I know there were days you wanted to say forget it-I would too. I'm so happy that you didn't, that you're now enjoying it and are continuing on the quilting path. Gosh, I wish we lived closer...we could jump in with both feet and figure it out together! I'd share my sewing machine with you. God knows I've got the fabric-you wouldn't have to buy any! Shoot, we'd be whipping out quilts to beat the band. Wouldn't that be fun? :)

    I can't wait to see your next finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda you did an awesome job on your quilt. I am so proud of you. I can't wait to see your next one you do. Great job on Gabe encouraging you not to quit..Big hugs to you sweetie..

    ReplyDelete