Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lucky Lil' Leprechaun Gumdrops








Can't you just see them doing the jig or maybe hunting for that pot of gold?

My little guy is just waiting for his lucky kiss!!!!!!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

May the friendships you make,
Be those which endure,
And all of your grey clouds
Be small ones for sure.
And trusting in Him
To Whom we all pray,
May a song fill your heart,

Every step of the way.

On to the recipe! This one is from Melissa's Cuisine

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar, plus a little extra for rolling the gumdrops in
1-1/3 cups unsweetened applesauce
2 3-oz packages Lime Jell-O 
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions:

Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper, lightly spray paper with cooking spray.

In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients, let stand 1 minute
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, boil for 1 minute.

Immediately pour into the  prepared pan.

Place in refrigerator for 3 hours or until firm

Loosen sides from pan with a spatula

 Place onto a cutting board

Cut out gum drops using a knife dipped in hot water to cut squares or use a cookie cutter that you also dip in hot water

Roll Gum Drops in extra sugar, set onto wax paper until slightly dry

Store in an airtight container

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh-those are so darned cute! You have so much patience.....I'm SO bad at little things like this.My Mom LOVES gumdrops. I've never tried making homemade ones.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were easy Carol- I'm glad there is a kid in the neighborhood- you know were they went!

      Delete
  2. I think these are adorable. I remember making something similar to this for my kids when they were "kids". Only we didn't roll them in sugar. I doubt I would have the patience to cut them out, I would cut squares or use cookie cutters. Going to save this for my daughter, this will be cute for the kids to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra- they are kinda healthy. Not 100 % sugar! The applesauce helps.

      Delete
  3. Hello! This is adorable! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I can't wait to try it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute . But this Lady has to pass on those Leprachauns

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I'd been gobbling those up inno time. I love gumdrops and jujubes over chocolate any day! :-) My daughter would day I'm a very strange creature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all Angela! Gumdrops are sure good :-)

      Delete
  6. Yum...and so cute! thanks for sharing such a cute idea! Stopping by from Teach me Tuesdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this is something we would love. Hope you didn't get pinched yesterday. I know Max didn't, he had his green bow tie. Thanks for the yummy gummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyndy- when we walked him around the lake people said he looked Irish!

      Delete
  8. These are so cute and very creative! Thanks for linking up to Creative K Kid's Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party. I've pinned your post to the Tasty Tuesday's Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete