Friday, May 18, 2012

Deep-dish Chicken Cordon Bleu

This was one of those recipes that kicked around my computer for awhile. I wanted to make it but somehow I forgot about it or didn't have the ingredients.
Pillsbury sends recipes to my email and that's where I found this one.
It's kind of funny, the cresent rolls came back with us from Florida. Winn Dixie had them on sale plus gas perks came with the deal (sure going to miss those gas perks). I knew Gregory would never use them so back to NY they came.
I tweeked this recipe. I had an oven roaster and used the leg and thigh meat. I also used swiss, which I like in a cordon bleu.
I don't think I would add the horseradish next time. It was ok but really didn't do anything for it. Didn't add thyme. I don't care for dry thyme and didn't have fresh. As the photo indicates I made it in a 8x8 pan, perfect for divingabe and I.

1can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls)
2tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter
1tablespoon Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pure Olive Oil
1medium onion, thinly sliced
1clove garlic, finely chopped
1box (13.25 oz) frozen baked honey-battered chicken tenders, thawed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, or 1 deli rotisserie chicken (2 to 2 1/2 lb), shredded (see note above)
16slices (1 oz each) Muenster cheese(swiss)
1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
2tablespoons Dijon mustard
2teaspoons lemon juice
1teaspoon honey
1teaspoon horseradish sauce or cream-style prepared horseradish
1/2teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves (didn't use)
1lb shaved cooked brown-sugar or maple-glazed ham (from deli) (used deli ham)
  1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll crescent rolls in baking dish; press perforations to seal. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown.
  2. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Remove from heat; stir in cut-up chicken tenders.
  3. Place 8 slices of the Muenster cheese over baked crust. In small bowl, stir Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, honey, horseradish sauce and thyme until well blended. Spoon half of the mayonnaise mixture evenly over cheese on crust.
  4. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over mayonnaise mixture on crust. Spoon remaining mayonnaise mixture evenly over chicken. Cover chicken evenly with ham. Top with remaining 8 slices Muenster cheese.
  5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is thoroughly heated.

http://m.pillsbury.com/recipes/deep-dish-chicken-cordon-bleu/69f1b769-d361-4333-96d4-0a733b2caf0a/

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I'll have to try this recipe. ~ Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the Pillsbury Recipes in my email also. They have so many good ones. The easier the better works for me. This one sounds yummy, love Chicken Cordon Bleu. Maybe I can make it and freeze it in packs for other dinners.

    ReplyDelete