Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Farmers Market

We have gone to a few farmers markets. The first one in Alachua I bought a Confederated Jasmine which is doing great but the prices for the fruits and vegetables are pricey-priced comparable to Citarella.

High Springs farmers market I could ride my bike,but the tomatoes I bought a few weeks ago were tasteless and expensive.

Lake City is an half hour from the house. Divingabe went to Ginny with a guy from Australia and I had no pressing KD to finish so cranked the GPS and off the Lake City I went.
There were about seven booths and I really wanted fresh corn.
Bledsoe Family Farms had the corn, field tomatoes and cantaloupe and Michelle helped me pick out excellent cantaloupes.

Total for my fresh vegetables- 8 dollars

                                          Love tomato sandwiches on soft potato bread!




3 comments:

  1. I just finished breakfast... however, now I'm wanting a tomato sandwich! The tomatoes on that sandwich look SO delicious!! I love getting fresh fruits and veggies from Farmer's Markets! My favorite days would be riding my bike to the Farmer's Market on a Sunday to pick up fruits, veggies, bread and cheese from a the market which was 8 miles round trip. It always made for a nice day! I think many repeats are in order for this upcoming season!!! ~Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious Linda! I am so glad you enjoyed the veggies. I look foward to seeing you again soon.

    ReplyDelete