Monday, November 4, 2019

PERSIMMON FRUIT LEATHER





I have a persimmon tree. This year I was thrilled, it looked liked I might get over 8 persimmons. It was not to be. All were gone when Gabe and I got back from Canada.

Our neighbor has a older tree and it was full of fruit. They shared their abundance with Chi- Ling, Mey and myself.

Nine were  put in the freezer. I wanted the pulp to soften. My little experiment did not work. Pulp was still firm.
I removed the skin then added rest to the  blender.

  I'm adding in hopes next year my tree will provide fruit that I can make additional recipes.

 The recipe for the leather- which I plan to make again.

2 comments:

  1. Linda, you sure do find the most interesting foods to make and post the recipes. I am in awe of all you can do. I hope you have more fruit next year. The leather looks so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so hoping that my tree did well. Next season I have to really baby it. I didn't add any sugar to the leather and it's SO sweet!

      Delete