Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Seminole Pumpkin Hummus





I planted Seminole pumpkin seeds in April . The season was horrible for growing anything- way to hot.

One plant did come up but not sure if I'll get any pumpkins.

I froze some the pumpkin from last season and made this yummy hummus.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons tahini
3 cloves garlic
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Seminole pumpkin puree
2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pinch paprika

Directions
Pulse lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and salt together in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add garbanzo beans and olive oil and pulse until smooth. Add pumpkin, cumin, and cayenne pepper; process until well blended. 

Transfer hummus to a container with a lid and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

 Garnish with paprika.

4 comments:

  1. Linda, this looks Amazing!!! Can't wait to try your yummy-sounding recipe! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did! Remember when I gave you some? You said you enjoyed it.

      Got another really good pumpkin recipe coming tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. This really sounds good. I love hummus...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right--I forgot! I guess my memory is worse than I thought. I do remember now. We both really enjoyed it!! Looking forward to your next delicious recipe!! <3

    ReplyDelete