Saturday, May 25, 2019

Spiralized Beets with Mandarins



I planted beets from seed in my Oct. 2018 garden. Never grew beets before and I wanted to give them a try. They took a VERY long time to grow and a few days ago I pulled 5, which were the last ones in the garden. I grew a total of 10. I was pretty happy with that since beets are suppose to be hard to grow in the area.

Love beets but hate peeling them.  Gabe bought me a apple peeler awhile ago. It's also a sprilizer. The peeler worked great and the beets were a little thick which was fine for the  recipe.


Ingredients: 2 medium beets, trimmed and peeled
1 can (11 oz.)  Mandarin Oranges, drained, reserve syrup
1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

Directions:

If you use a Spiralizer, peel the beets first then cut to desired thickness. As mentioned above my apple peeler worked great! Peeler and spiralizer- super time saver.

Combine 2 tablespoons reserved juice, olive oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Whisk well. Add beets and toss. Let stand for 15 minutes.

Divide between 2 plates and top with mandarin oranges and mint.


3 comments:

  1. You are amazing. A great gardener, and then find the best recipes to use your veggies. This must be such a tasty side dish. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. Gabe helped me with peeling them with the peeler her got me.

      I love making new stuff, especially with the food from the garden.

      Delete
  2. I know you love trying new recipes and with the foods you grow, it is wonderful. You eat so healthy.

    ReplyDelete