Thursday, February 14, 2019

COPYCAT STARBUCKS BANANA BREAD RECIPE


I found this recipe while looking for another in my pile of recipes to make. I printed it out years ago and have no source.

I go to the Life Enrichment Center for yoga on Monday and Thursday afternoon. The seniors enjoy the morning at the center. They have breakfast, play games, do crafts and enjoy being around others. 

Marilyn is one of my favorites. Her birthday is on Valentines Day. She lives in a nursing home. The center picks her up every morning and takes her back early afternoon.

I wanted to make her something and figured banana bread is sort of healthy( banana's full of potassium ). She said no photo of her but she is a beautiful person inside and out.





INGREDIENTS
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 egg
1⅛ cup sugar
½ cup vegetable or canola oil
2 tablespoons buttermilk or milk
½ teaspoon vanilla
3 bananas mashed very well
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Add flour, baking soda and salt to a small bowl and set aside.
Mix egg, sugar and oil and stir until well combined
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir well. The mixture will be thick and dry.
Next add milk, vanilla and bananas and stir until incorporated.
Mix in walnuts and pour into a loaf pan.

Cook 50-75 minutes, checking regularly until a knife comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Marilyn. I am sure she loved your banana bread. Anyone would be lucky to get something you baked. I don't do much baking or cooking anymore, but I love reading your recipes, and if something I like is there, I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this post, Linda. You are such a beautiful & caring friend!!! Myra is right--anyone is very lucky to get your goodies! Hope you're enjoying your cookie baking session with your little neighbor/friend!!! What a Lucky Girl!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete