Friday, October 26, 2018

COPYCAT PANERA AUTUMN SQUASH SOUP RECIPE





 I tried to grow butternut squash but they didn't do that well. I don't know if it was because we had to much rain or the soil needs to be amended.  I did get two and used them in this recipe.

The Seminole pumpkins were perfect for this recipe.

Have to make this again. VERY GOOD!

INGREDIENTS:

1 Butternut Squash
1 small Onion
2 tbsp Olive Oil
15 oz Pumpkin Puree ( used my Seminole pumpkin puree)
2 cup Vegetable Broth ( I used chicken broth)
1 1/2 cup Apple Cider 
1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream ( Used half and half)
2 tbsp Honey
1/4 tsp Curry Powder
1/2 tsp Saigon  Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp black pepper



DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 450.

Peel  squash and scoop out seeds. Cut into chunks.

Cut  onion and peel.

Toss squash and onion in olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook for 20 minutes.

 Cool for about 10 minutes.

Puree in blender or food processor.

In a large sauce pan, combine squash puree, pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, apple cider and cream.
Bring to a low boil over medium heat.

Add honey and spices and simmer for 10 minutes.

 source

5 comments:

  1. I don't eat all these squash and pumpkin recipes, but I love reading them. The photo is so good. I hope you get more Butternut squash next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love any type of squash. Going to start a few seeds and see what happens. Will keep you updated.

      Delete
  2. I found a recipe on the back of a saltine cracker box one year of this. I made it and loved it. I will try this one. Thank you Linda. Hi I Mims.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, this recipe looks & sounds Wonderful! Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete