Wednesday, June 3, 2015

No Better Friend

is a book coming out on June 4th. It was written by  Robert Weintraub.


from google images


Frank Williams, a shy young man from Portsmouth, brought up by his widowed mother, gave some of his rations to a dog named Judy. In return Judy saved the lives of many comrades.

Her remarkable story has now been pieced together. HERE is a link to the article but if you are anything like me have some tissues ready.


On a personal note, I love sharing recipes but a story like this is uplifting . I hope you share this.

The world needs more hero's. 

5 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, what a story. I have never read anything like this before. It brings me to tears reading this, and makes me think even more how much dogs to mean to all of us. Thanks Linda for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on my way out the door. I have to read this and I will when I get home. Looks like a German Short haired Pointer. She's gorgeous. Can't wait to read the story. All the stories you share with us are heartwarming and uplifting, thanks Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Myra....the story of Judy and what she did to save so many has me all choked up. What am amazing dog...and what an incredible story.

    Yes Linda, you're so right-the world needs more heroes for sure.

    I love ALL the things you share on your blog....recipes, stories, humor....I've learned so many new things coming here to sit a spell and visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if they will make a movie . I would really be washing my eyes with tears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if they will make a movie . I would really be washing my eyes with tears.

    ReplyDelete