Friday, August 1, 2014
Cajun Chicken Pasta
For those who follow the blog might of noticed I don't make many pasta dishes. I'm not a pasta fan. Gabe loves pasta. Poor Gabe only gets to enjoy it as a special treat.
A friend had a package of fresh pasta and asked if I wanted it. I never refuse food and knew Gabe would a happy man.
I found this recipe in allrecipes. Cajun, winner right there. I didn't have the heavy cream and I only had one red pepper and into the car to the grocery store.
I always read the reviews and one person said she uses frozen peppers. I bought a bag of stir fry pepper and onions, which worked out great.
Thin sauces don't work for me. I like a nice thick sauce. Something that is going to coat my food and not run off the plate. I made sure it had a nice consistency.
4 ounces linguine pasta
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
halves, sliced into thin strips ( I cubed the chicken)
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning ( used Slap Yo Mama seasoning)
2 tablespoons butter
1 green bell pepper, chopped *
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped *
4 fresh mushrooms, sliced *
1 green onion, minced *
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper ( didn't use)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until how you like your pasta.
2. Cut up the chicken breast and add the Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and make sure all the chicken is covered with the seasoning.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat,saute chicken in butter until no longer pink , about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
4. In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese
* Used a bag of stir fry vegetables. It had pepper, onions and I added canned mushrooms.