Friday, July 25, 2014

Chickpea, Avocado and Feta Salad



This is a good combination. Next time I'll buy goat cheese.

Recipe adapted from-New Recipe Saturday

Ingredients:

Half of a large avocado, pitted and chopped
1 16 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup chopped green onions
Feta
Juice of one lime
Salt and pepper to taste (didn't use salt and pepper)


Directions:

In a medium bowl combine the chopped avocado,the drained chickpeas, cilantro,green onion that were chopped and the juice from the lime.

Stir and mix until well combined.

Sprinkle with  feta.

Serve and enjoy!



12 comments:

  1. This looks so wonderful. My daughter makes something like this only she uses cucumber instead of the avocado. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, this looks very refreshing these hot summer days. I'd have to change out the avocado as well. Cucumber sounds like a nice change. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela- I like eating light when it's hot and this fits the bill. Hope you enjoy it also.

      Delete
  3. I'm game to try it as is. I love avocados. and when you can have a meal without turning on the stove? all the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing :) . I adooooore salads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

      Delete
  5. I've tried to like feta cheese-I REALLY have-and I just can't get a taste for it. So I too would use goat cheese in this. I'd love this-Bob just informed me he doesn't like chick peas.......since WHEN? Oh well-all the more for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know goat cheese is my favorite and love it when Mary brings me cheese from the Dancing Goat in upstate NY. The goat cheese in the store sure is different from the DG and I end up with feta.

      LOL! Lots more for you!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for joining the Say G'Day Saturday linky party this week. I've just pinned your post to the Say G'Day Saturday board.

    Best wishes for a great week.
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking to What'd You Do This Weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete