Friday, February 28, 2014

How the world's armies are fed in the field

I think the American ration is a bit sparse, and I think they should really include some sort of candy in with it. Something so small can make such a difference in the state of mind of someone. Some sort of candy that most Americans know and love that we all had as kids, M&Ms or Skittles or something. Canada's got it right with that little pack of Tootie Fruity.

By far the most impressive:
"The Italian ration pack contains a breakfast shot of 40% alcohol cordiale, a powdered cappuccino, lots of biscotti, and a disposable camping stove for heating parts of the meal, including a pasta and bean soup, canned turkey and a rice salad. Dessert is a power sport bar, canned fruit salad or a muesli chocolate bar."
Pasta and bean soup, mmmm. Delicious and full of complex carbohydrates. Cappuccino, biscotti, turkey and rice salad. Then a power sports bar, canned fruit salad, AND a chocolate bar? Italians know how to make a ration.
Singapore also has powdered flavored tea peach/mango, the biscuits also come in chocolate and that apple and blueberry bar .

Check out all the meal Here

3 comments:

  1. The UK's didn't look TOO bad..........go figure France goes GOURMET.

    GO ITALY! Not surprising-the Italians are big on MANGIA......gotta have lots of food to make everybody happy-at least that's how my Nana and my Mom were-for my grandmother? The more she fed, the happier she was.

    I don't think I'd do so well in the military when it comes to food..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not do well in the military either, this is why I am so grateful that we have our military men and woman to serve and protect us. I think they need to improve the meals for our service people, the other countries are treating them much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was. Our Goverment is to busy sending help over seas they forgot their own. With all that we do for them ,the folks over in those countries can afford to feed their troops nicer. I don't believe this . It was just what my first thought was. Doesn't love and kindness start at home first? Yes our own deserve so much better. I seen on our new that one little Girl Scout sent over Girl Scout cookies. Our Goverment could take lessons from her. We all could.

    ReplyDelete