Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cajun Pumpkin Black Bean Soup with Ramen Noodles





There were a few packages of chicken parts in the freezer and it was time to make some stock.

Once the stock was made I browsed  Pinterest. Every recipe I wanted to make, I didn't have the ingredients. I decided to "wing" it and create a soup with what I had on hand.

ingredients:

8 cups chicken stock ( I don't add salt when I make it)
1 28 ounce can pumpkin puree  
 2- 15 ounce can black beans - rinsed
1 cup half and half 
2 tablespoons Slap Ya Mama ( depending on how much spice you like add more or less)
2 packages Ramen Noodles crushed - toss out the flavor package

directions:

Add chicken broth,pumpkin puree, blackbeans, half & half and Slap Ya Mama to a large pot. Stir until well combined.

Simmer slowly until hot but do not boil.

Add the crushed ramen and heat until the noodles are soft.

Garnish with cheese or toasted ramen. I also used green onion to garnish.




2 comments:

  1. Would you believe I've never had pumpkin soup of any kind? I've seen plenty of recipes for it but never tried it. Your recipe just may change that.......it has everything we like in it-right down to the Ramen noodles. I do what you do-when I can't find a recipe using what I have-I sort of make up my own........some nights it's a winner..........others............well......as long as it's edible, life is good. :)

    Love the photo-I consider myself braced. :)

    Thanks Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, the photo is so true. Got an ad from Trader Joe's and the whole newsletter was about pumpkin. I also love ramen noodles, but not sure if I would go for pumpkin soup. You are so talented in making up recipes with what you have on hand. I have substituted, but never made up the entire recipe.

    ReplyDelete