Saturday, May 4, 2013

Anne's Easy Taco Casserole

One package of ground chicken in the fridge- what to make?

Let's see. I have can corn, creamed but it's a casserole who's going to know.

I have plenty of salsa, cheese and a full bag of corn chips.

Dinner!



Saw this one on Disney Family

1 pound ground chicken ( you can use beef or turkey)

2 cups shredded cheese ( used a Mexican blend)

2 cups mild salsa

2 cups corn ( I bet it would taste great with fresh corn but since I only had canned it worked out)

1 8 oz bag tortilla chips

Fry up the chicken, when meat is browned add the corn and salsa.

Spray a dish ( original recipe used a pie plate) with Pam and crush some of the tortilla chips and layer them on the bottom. Next add your meat mixture then add the cheese and repeat till all ingredients are in your dish.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. Gm All,

    My kind of recipe. It's easy, Quick,cheap and Delish. Thanks Jj.

    Hope to see ya later.

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when a what-can-I-do-with-these-ingredients plan comes together? Looks like a dinner we'd love.

    Thanks Linda!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so easy and looks so yum. I used to make something like this, only I used those wrap things and layered the ingredients like noodles. When you have the right ingredients, anything is possible and good.

    ReplyDelete