Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Korean Cucumber Pickle

I enjoy Korean food. When I found this recipe I knew I had to give it a try. Bought the cucumbers at the flea market- three for a dollar.
 
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce(used light soy sauce)
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
3 Israeli or Kirby cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)(used regular cucumbers)
1 scallion, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled

 Whisk  the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, and cayenne. Add the cucumber, scallion, and garlic. Stir to combine. Press down and spread out cucumbers in dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour but up to 2 days.

recipe adapted from Here

1 comment:

  1. Now this is something I would like. Going to have to try this for sure.

    ReplyDelete