Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Koreans

Before we left NY,Divingabe downloaded all of my photos to my laptop.

So many memories and would like to share some with you.

We were very lucky. Divingabe and I would go on diving trips.
I wanted to see new places but I had a problem with air and sea sickness. When we traveled it was always to places I had never heard of and boats I lived on for a week. Someone told me about triptone, which was a miracle -no more motion sickness!

The photo below is my Korean gang. Mr. Kim, the head of the group spoke some English and the man in the red shirt also spoke some but otherwise it was Korean.

We hooked up with their group in Jakarta . Our plane was a tiny, it only had 20 seats. When you get air sick believe me you don't want to sit in the back of the plane, and even with the triptone I didn't want to take a chance. Being a pushy New Yorker I made sure we got in the front but the Koreans had the same idea. I was able to get the second row with Gabe but just looking at them, they needed those front seats more then I did!

They brought all their own food. Boxes and boxes of kimchi and rice and seaweed, etc. I asked if I could try the kimchi and loved it.

They guys were excellent divers and whenever I had a chance I would talk to Mr. Kim. The guy on the right hand side, with the R on is shirt, never smiled! I was shocked to see he had a small one in the photo. He reminded me of a enforcer.

This picture was taken in 2005. I can't remember the captain of the boat and only remember a few people in our group but will never forget the Koreans.





1 comment:

  1. What a great story. It must have been interesting to meet them and learn things about their culture. The picture is awesome, you look amazing !!! Don't you wish you could go back a few years?? I know I do.

    ReplyDelete