Friday, January 25, 2013

Cauliflower Popcorn

I wanted to make this for awhile. I picked up two heads of cauliflower in Publix when it was on sale.

Cauliflower is one of my favorites but my guys won't eat it.

No, this does not taste like popcorn but it is very, very good.

I adapted the recipe just a little. I love Tony Chachere and it was perfect on this.
 
1 head cauliflower

3T extra virgin olive, grapeseed or coconut oil (warmed to liquid state) I used EVOO

1/2-1t salt, or to taste didn't use

3T grated Parmesan -optional this was so good I never got to the Parmesan, I WILL next time!

I sprinkled the Tony Chachere's over the cauliflower after it was coated with evoo and placed it on the sheet lined with parchment paper .

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Cut the florets into small pieces- not to small, they do shrink up some.
Toss the florets in a bowl with oil and salt. Make sure they are all coated . Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Recipe calls for it to roast for an hour but I cooked mine about 20 mins. with the oven on and then I turned the oven off and kept an eye on them so they wouldn't burn. I tossed the florets two or three times.
Once you remove the florets add the parmesan.



 

2 comments:

  1. OH BOY, I bet my cousin would love these. I am copying it and sending to her. They look so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i use Tony's on everything :) I like cauliflower and since it has tony's will be glad to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete