I saw this recipe and knew I would like it. Knew it was something we both would like.
I changed two things. I used regular pasta not whole wheat as called for in the recipe. I also used ranch dressing because I am NOT a fan of blue cheese. Next time I make it I'll add more cheese. Thinking velvetta with a can of Rotel. Really spice it up!
13.25 oz. box Barilla Whole Grain Pasta (shells, penne or rotini)
1 lb. cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 small bell peppers, red and yellow, seeded and diced
1 bunch chopped green onions, divided
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup GOOD blue cheese dressing
1/2 – 3/4 cup Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce
3 cups shredded cheese, divided (cheddar, mozzarella or a blend)
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and transfer - 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the cooked chicken, chopped bell peppers, 3/4 of the green onions, and 2 1/4 cups of shredded cheese to the baking dish. Mix well.
- Place the garlic, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and 1/2 cup hot wing sauce in a food processor. Puree until smooth, taste and add another 1/4 cup hot wing sauce if needed. Pour over the pasta and toss.
- Mix the remaining 3/4 cup cheese and the Panko together. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
- Bake until golden, approximately 30-40 minutes.