Thursday, July 19, 2012

Grilled Zucchini and Summer Squash

                            The heat was unbearable yesterday! I didn't want anything heavy
 for dinner and Divingabe felt the same. I saw this recipe and wanted to give it a try.
                                     

                               Recipe from Southern Lady's Simply Southern      



I used a small part of a zucchini Rita gave me and one summer squash.

This was a very good light meal. I added some shredded Mexican cheese to the top of a few and allowed it to melt in,nice way to get some protein in.

1/2 cup olive oil ( used sunflower oil)
6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (white balsamic vinegar)
1 tablespoon minced vinegar ( see note below)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper( Used Tony Chachere's)
3 medium zucchini squash, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
3 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices






  1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper, whisking to combine well.

2.Place squash in a large, resealable plastic bag; pour marinade over squash. Seal bag and chill for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally. Remove squash from marinade and discard marinade.  I chilled it for about 4 hours

3Grill squash over medium-high heat (350-400) for 4-5 minutes per side or until tender. I'm not the grillmaster in the house, either Gregory or Divingabe do a better job.

I never heard of minced vinegar before and thus made mine up with a splash of soy and minced garlic. Add garlic to your taste.

1 comment:

  1. Gregory is the best grill master I know! I so miss his cooking.

    ReplyDelete